The Applied Sports Coaching programme at University of Limerick is offered by the Department of Physical Education and Sport Sciences (PESS) in the Faculty of Education and Health Sciences, and is being considered for alignment with the higher levels of coaching qualifications, as part of the Coaching Development Programme for Ireland (a partnership between Sport Ireland Coaching and National Governing Bodies of sport).
The objectives of this programme reflect our commitment to the development of insightful, competent, critical and reflective sports coaches. We aim to develop graduates who:
- Possess extensive knowledge of the coaching process and innovative applied practice in sport coaching.
- Display originality and insight in the design, delivery and evaluation of coaching practice.
- Possess enhanced practical skills in applied coaching practice, management, leadership, video analysis, planning, and the capacity to work, develop skills, and promote professional practice.
- Possess the skills for conducting bespoke applied research on sports coaching to evidence and enhance their own practice and that of other coaches.
- Are proactive in identifying and critically evaluating current research in domains such as sport and business, and drawing implications for their own context.
- Reflective Practice for Sports Coaches
- Management & Leadership in Coaching
- Research Project Development
- Performance Analysis in Coaching
- Athlete & Coach Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 13 other Masters in Sports Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for a Master’s programme must normally have a first or second class Level 8 honours degree (NFQ or other internationally recognised equivalent) in a relevant or appropriate subject (e.g. Sport Science, Sports Coaching, Physical Education), or equivalent prior learning that is recognised by the University as meeting this requirement.
International8688 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8688 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4390 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4390 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.