Taking cognisance of the social, legal, ethical and technical issues and ensuring compliance with the standards and regulations governing systems in the healthcare domain, this course aims to develop digital health transformation agents with the skills, knowledge and abilities to:
- explore healthcare ecosystem developments, engaging patients, providers, payers, policy makers, pharmacies and pharmaceuticals (6Ps) to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing to realise the value potential of these innovative partnerships; and
- lead core, adjacent and transformational innovations in a healthcare environment, taking a disciplined approach to advancing their understanding of exponential technologies (such as mobility, genomics, imaging and analytics) in order to realise the transformative power of digital disruptions
Digital Health Transformation Programme Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this course offered at University of Limerick , graduates will have the skills, knowledge and abilities to:
- Understand the dimensions of a patient-centric health ecosystem in order to identify innovation potential.
- Assess the potential of exponential technologies and digital services to facilitate collaboration and the sharing of information and knowledge to realise the benefits of an integrated care environment.
- Determine how the healthcare industry can best leverage digital technologies to improve clinical development and clinical outcomes having considered information governance challenges.
- Understand and apply the fundamental principles and key concepts of developing and managing an innovation culture in a healthcare context.
- Anticipate and plan for the acceptance and diffusion of transformational innovations among patient groups and healthcare employees.
- Conduct data collection and analysis to inform the development of healthcare innovations.
- Utilise user-centred design principles and methods in the development of innovative digital services.
- Report on economic evaluations of health technologies.
- Adopt rigorous evaluation methods to identify potential opportunities for incorporating exponential technologies in healthcare.
- Understand the need for organisations to be agile in adjusting strategies as innovations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Digital Health Transformation
- eHealth Systems, Standards, and Digital Services
- Health Information Modelling and Governance
- Digital Health Research Design
- Health Service Digital Transformation
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Health Informatics View 142 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A healthcare administrator, healthcare manager or healthcare professional who holds a primary undergraduate degree (NFQ, 2.2 honours or higher) Or
- An applicant who holds a primary undergraduate degree (2.2 honours or higher) in a health sciences discipline Or
- An information technology specialist who holds a primary undergraduate degree (2.2 honours or higher) with experience of working in a healthcare setting. Or
- An applicant with at least five years work experience in a healthcare related industry who can satisfy the course admission team that they have the ability to complete and benefit from this course.
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.