About Art and Technology at University of Limerick
Centering around the student’s studio practice and portfolio development, the course places an emphasis on innovation and creative strategies. Students will develop their practice through creative research and an exchange of dialogue between peers, visiting artists and faculty.
- Engage critically with the artistic, political, social and cultural implications of technology.
- Work with an international body of artists, researchers and students.
- Be engaged with key fields of arts practice rooted in technology including expanded cinema and film, sound art and composition, interactive art, virtual and immersive systems.
- Be introduced to innovative coding, fabrication, and physical computing skills, and emerging approaches to AI, 3D printing, sound design, software studies, simulation and interactivity.
- Gain a range of creative technological skills, and the opportunity to develop new approaches with your own practice.
- Art & Technology Studio
- Research Methods for Art & Design
- Fundamentals of audio, video and programming
- Time Based MEdia
- Physical Computing
- Code and Art
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesVisual Arts General Engineering & Technology View 24 other Masters in Visual Arts in Ireland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Limerick and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A primary degree with first or second-class honours in a relevant discipline.
International13255 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13255 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA5400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5400 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.