Core to the Art and Technology programme offered at University of Limerick is an experimental and exploratory approach that aims to speculate and engage with the limits of what is possible in technologically sophisticated art and media, from both an artistic and technical perspective.Centering around the student’s studio practice and portfolio development, the course places an emphasis on innovation and creative strategies. Students will develop their practice through creative research and an exchange of dialogue between peers, visiting artists and faculty.
As a student on this programme you will:Engage critically with the artistic, political, social and cultural implications of technology.Work with an international body of artists, researchers and students.Be engaged with key fields of arts practice rooted in technology including expanded cinema and film, sound art and composition, interactive art, virtual and immersive systems.Be introduced to innovative coding, fabrication, and physical computing skills, and emerging approaches to AI, 3D printing, sound design, software studies, simulation and interactivity.Gain a range of creative technological skills, and the opportunity to develop new approaches with your own practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art & Technology Studio
- Research Methods for Art & Design
- Visual Coding
- Event Driven Programming
- Advanced Video Production
- Multimedia Industry Perspectives
- Game Design : System Design
- Utopian Studies
- Digital Fabrication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts General Engineering & Technology View 26 other Masters in Visual Arts in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A primary degree with first or second-class honours (Level 8 – National Qualifications Authority of Ireland or equivalent) in Art (including for example, Fine Art, Music, Theatre and Performance), Design, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Alternatively, in lieu of prior academic work, applicants with significant portfolios and/or professional experience will be considered for admission.
- Applicants are requested to submit a portfolio showing previous creative and technical work, professional, academic or research. Links to online documentation/work are preferred (e.g. vimeo, youtube, soundcloud, personal portfolio website). Applicants may be called for an interview.
International15044 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15044 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6538 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6538 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.