This intensive Public Relations graduate certificate program from Humber College is focused on preparing you to launch your degree and getting you ready for your first day of your work placement. You will learn how to plan, develop and execute effective public relations strategies. You will build critical skills in all aspects of PR. Experienced professors will help you develop writing skills, public relations strategies, research and planning abilities, and a high degree of social and traditional media literacy. Practical public relations courses in PR theory, marketing communications, public affairs, media relations, corporate social responsibility, sustainability and change management will provide you with a valuable and useful introduction to the field. Your teamwork, collaborative, and leadership skills will be honed through group assignments.
As a PR practitioner, your work will be varied and fast-paced. It may include careers in media relations, corporate communications, internal communications, community relations, government relations/public affairs, investor relations, crisis management, event planning, publicity, marketing communications, consulting and issues management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Event Planning and Management
- Public Affairs
- Public Relations Practice and Theory
- Social and Digital Media
- Corporate Public Relations and Investor Relations
- Strategic Communications
- Public Relations Writing and Lab
- Marketing Communications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Public Relations Digital Marketing View 26 other Masters in Digital Marketing in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree, advanced diploma or diploma
- Resume and Letter of Intent: Applicants will submit a detailed resume and one-page letter of intent (350 words). The letter of intent should express why they have an interest in public relations, and in Humber's Public Relations graduate certificate program.
- Online Interview: Applicants will attend an online interview with faculty prior to which they must submit the resume and letter of intent. The 20-minute interview explores your interest in learning PR at Humber. Applicants should come prepared to share examples, either work, academic or volunteer, where communications was essential and your approach to team work.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12032 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18048 CAD for the full programme during 18 months.
National3864 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5797 CAD for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.