You’ll question the way we educate and look at alternative ways to encourage the inclusion of children and adults who are marginalised from typical ways of learning.
We emphasise the importance of understanding different perspectives and investigating where your position lies within current debates. We challenge you to rethink your ideas about education, to critique your views, and to think about the implications for policy and practice.
You could develop your career across the education sector with Special Educational Needs and Inclusive Education masters degree from Manchester Metropolitan University within mainstream and specialist settings. Many of our students have gone in to management and advisory positions related to inclusion and diversity in schools and other educational settings.
Teachers who take the PgCert (NASENCO) as part of their MA may become Special Educational Needs Coordinators in schools; others may develop specialisms in areas of special educational needs, such as autism or dyslexia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Inclusive Education
- Introduction to Educational and Social Research Design
- Collaborative Research Project
- Globalisation, Social Justice and Social Change
- Identity, Equality and Empowerment in Childhood
- Independent Study
- Key Issues in Managing Diversity, Disability and Special Educational Needs
- Practice-based Project
- Transformative and Ethical Leadership in Educational Settings
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 129 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Standard Manchester Met admission requirements for taught postgraduate programmes apply: applicants need to have an honours degree, or a postgraduate diploma or a professional qualification recognised as being equivalent to a UK honours degree.
- Other qualifications or experience may be acceptable if students are able to demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills to a UK honours degree standard.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.