DTU is following the COVID-19 situation and its impact closely, please consult the webpage to get the latest updates.
The Nordic Master in Maritime Engineering programme at Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is based on the expertise of the participating universities within naval architecture, offshore engineering, and maritime engineering.
The programme targets students wishing to profit from the Nordic Five Tech universities' long standing tradition and competence in the field and wishing to specialize in a specific area of expertise offered within the alliance.
Students spend 1 year at DTU/Lyngby Campus, 1 year at another university.
Upon graduation you will be qualified to work within naval architecture and offshore engineering, i.e. shipsand offshore structures and their design, construction, and operation. This includes:
- waves and wave loads
- interaction between water and structure
- stability of ships and platforms
- dynamics of small craft
- propellers and propulsion
- advanced steel and lightweight structures
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Naval architecture,
- Offshore engineering
- Maritime engineering.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BSc or BEng corresponding to a minimum of 180 ECTS credits
- English language proficiency comparable with English B-level
The applicant’s qualifications must include a strong working knowledge of mathematics and mechanics and applicants must document that they have fulfilled the following minimum requirements
- Mathematics: 25 ECTS including linear algebra, calculus and differential equations.
- Statistics and probability theory: 5 ECTS. Students without this qualification must be prepared to complete their curriculum during the first year.
- Statics, mechanical vibrations, and strength of materials: 10-15 ECTS
- Fluid mechanics: min. 5 ECTS
- Sufficient qualifications within numerical methods and elementary programming
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.