Students in the genetic counseling program gain superior knowledge and skills for the evaluation, monitoring, diagnosis, treatment, and counseling of patients across their lifespan. Bay Path is dedicated to preparing our students for varied roles in the genetic counseling workforce; students who will advocate for their patients, maintain quality and ethical standards, effectively work in interdisciplinary teams, contribute to research, and strive for the advancement of, and leadership in, the genetic counseling profession.
Student Learning Outcomes
The Bay Path University Genetic Counseling Program trains a diverse adult student body in genetics and genomics, counseling, and research to become competent, compassionate, culturally sensitive genetic counselors. Our goal is to prepare graduates for varied roles in the genetic counseling workforce who will advocate for their patients, maintain the highest quality and ethical standards, effectively work in interdisciplinary teams, contribute to research, and strive for advancement of and leadership in the genetic counseling profession.Our Vision - Bay Path University strives to:
- Empower genetic counseling students to take ownership of their learning by engaging them in an accessible personalized learning experience.
- Utilize technology and innovative teaching strategies to provide genetic counseling students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be lifelong learners.
- Educate genetic counseling students to be prepared and able to adapt to new research, tests, challenges and opportunities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Genetic Counseling
- Reproductive Genetics
- Clinical Applications in Genetic Counseling
- Cancer Genetic Counseling
- Advanced Genetic Counseling Skills & Techniques
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry Microbiology Counselling View 134 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- A completed application
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (a GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred)
- An original essay on the topic: "Why is achieving an MS in Genetic Counseling from Bay Path University important to my life and professional goals?”
- A current resume
- Three recommendations
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email.
International1105 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1105 USD per credit and a duration of 21 months.
National1105 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1105 USD per credit and a duration of 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.