The program was designed in consultation with leading organisations in the material science and engineering industry including Andromeda, Minotaur, Zinc oxide Australia (ZOA), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), Keliqiang Pte Ltd (China), and Baosteel (China).
With a focus on the fast-growing field of advanced nanomaterials, you’ll learn how the processing of a material influences its structure, properties and performance.
Take advantage of state-of-the-art infrastructure at the University’s Global Innovative Centre for Advanced Nanomaterials (GICAN) to focus on the design and discovery of new materials such as advanced nanomaterials, functional materials, biomaterials, drug carriers, photovoltaics, electrode materials for batteries and supercapacitors, electro catalytic materials, photocatalytic materials, soft materials and useful metal alloys.
The unique Master of Materials Science and Engineering program at University of Newcastle involves a broad range of disciplines such as chemistry, solid-state physics, ceramics, metallurgy, polymer science, engineering, computing, biology, pharmacy, energy and environmental technologies.
Materials science and engineering expertise is in high demand across a range of industries including defence, medical technology, environmental services, catalysis, petrochemical, adsorption and separation, metallurgist, mining and minerals, pharmaceuticals, chemical engineering, clean fuels, energy technology (solar cells, batteries, supercapacitors and fuel cells) and data analyst (financial and information).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managing Engineering Projects
- Engineering Complexity
- Applications of Nanomaterials: Energy & Environmental
- Biomedical Applications of Nanomaterials
Multifunctional Advanced Nanomaterials
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 188 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 0100265
- Applicants with a Bachelor Degree (AQF level 7) in a related Science and/or Engineering discipline area will be assessed by the Faculty.
- If admitted into the program, applicants completing the General Pathway may be eligible for up to 40 units of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) reducing the program to 120 units.
- Applicants completing the Research Specialisation will not be eligible for the 40 units of RPL and must complete the 160 unit program.
- Applicants with a Bachelor Honours Degree/Graduate Certificate/Graduate Diploma (AQF Level 8), Master Degree (AQF Level 9) in a related Science and/or Engineering discipline area will be assessed by the Faculty on a case-by-case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39995 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39995 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30575 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30575 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.