Through the integration of research and theory with practice, you’ll build your knowledge and skills so you can safely assess, diagnose and treat or refer patients presenting with undifferentiated problems. This will include the prescription or administration of medication according to the rules governing your particular profession.
In this Advanced Clinical Practice programme from the University of York you'll gain professional skills including risk management, resilience and leadership in order to progress your journey towards advanced practice. In addition, you’ll examine the wider context of healthcare and work towards improving health outcomes in collaboration with others, not merely for individuals but also for groups and populations.
Careers and skills
The demand for qualified Advanced Clinical Practitioners (ACPs) is growing, and on completion of this course, you will be able to apply for and work as an ACP.
Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Strategic leadership and management roles in healthcare
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Manage risk and influence healthcare practices and policy to become a resilient professional
- Work in collaboration with others to improve the health of the population
- Lead on service development and implement change.
This course is accredited by the Centre of Advancing Practice (nhs.uk).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological basis of illness
- Patient assessment and clinical decision making
- Using laboratory investigations in advanced clinical decision making
- Independent and supplementary prescribing for non-medical prescribers
- Advanced professional practice
- Advanced clinical practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 472 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You should hold an undergraduate degree (exception may be given if you have evidence of recent successfully completed modules at level six).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6233 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6233 GBP per year during 36 months.
National2813 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2813 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.