Why study with us?
- Access our industry-leading cyber security labs – our System Security Lab, Smart Network Infrastructure Security Lab and Malware Lab each offer a range of advanced technologies and are setup to ensure each student has access to virtual machines to provide an isolated and secure environment to learn in. Our labs use advanced VMware based virtualisation technology, can be used to run cyber hackathons and develop real-world applications in a safe and controlled environment.
- Place yourself at the forefront of a growth industry – there is currently a major shortage of cyber security workers, with leading independent and not-for-profit organisation AustCyber estimating that Australia could need almost 18,000 additional cyber security workers by 2026
- Learn from global leaders in the field – the program design was led by the University’s Global Innovation Chair in Cyber Security, Professor Vijay Varadharajan, with substantial contribution from academic and industry partners.
- Enhance your career opportunities – this Cyber Security program at University of Newcastle was created specifically to address the needs and demands of both individuals and industry. Develop analytical skills and cryptographic techniques that are essential to organisations looking to employ secure network protocols.
Career options may include:
- security system manager
- security consultant
- IT security engineer
- security system developer
- security analyst
- project manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Security
- Security Attacks: Analysis and Mitigation Strategies
- Security Standards and Practices in Industry
- Engineering Complexity
- Internet Law
- Software Engineering Masters Project
- System and Network Security
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 24 other Masters in IT Security in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 0100135
The Master of Cyber Security is a 160 unit postgraduate qualification.
- 160 units (2 years): Bachelor Degree or higher in any discipline AND minimum 1 year relevant work experience. Applicants with relevant professional experience may be considered for up to 40 units of RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning).
- 80 units (1 year): Bachelor Degree or higher in a relevant discipline
International40230 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40230 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29710 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29710 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.