In the MFA in Creative Writing and Publishing program from DePaul University, you’ll work across genres under the mentorship of distinguished authors and poets. With courses in Copyediting, Book Publicity, Book Design, Teaching Creative Writing, and Teaching English you’ll have the choice of a career in publishing or teaching. The Creative Writing and Publishing MFA culminates with a required master’s thesis of publishable quality.
You may also earn a graduate certificate in
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Teaching English in Two-Year Colleges
- Digital Humanities
Courses are offered weekday evenings on the Lincoln Park Campus and you can earn the degree in as little as two years.
- Creative Writing
- Writing Workshop Topics
- Travel Writing
- Writing for Magazines
- Science Writing
- Writing Fiction
- Writing Poetry
- Writing the Literature of Fact
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, though we encourage you to submit your application materials 10 to 12 weeks prior.
DisciplinesCreative Writing Liberal Arts View 826 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A strong record of previous academic achievement.
- Relevant course work in creative writing or experience such as publishing original work and/or participating in a writers’ group that has resulted in a body of creative writing.
- A completed online application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended.
- A résumé that summarizes your education and relevant experience.
- A reflective essay
- Two letters of recommendation.
International21870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.