It offers a uniquely well-rounded approach to strategic studies that consider pressing global challenges such as terrorism, nuclear proliferation, international peacekeeping, the changing international system, and the rise of non-state actors and new ways of warfare. It will provide students with a deep understanding of how historical developments have affected the evolution of strategy.
The Strategic Studies course at University College Cork equips students with the knowledge and skills to develop a sophisticated understanding of both the history of strategy and warfare and of contemporary security issues. Its flexible, online delivery will mean that it will appeal to busy professionals as well as those with a broad interest in warfare and strategy.
- Strategic Studies
- The Making of Modern War and Strategy, 1450-1945
- US Grand Strategy
- Terrorism, Insurgency and Political Violence
- Nuclear Strategy and Diplomacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 24 other Masters in Strategic Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates should hold a primary degree with a Second Class Honours Grade 1 (or equivalent) in any discipline. Candidates who hold a primary degree with a Second Class Honours Grade 2 will also be considered subject to the approval of the programme selection committee.
- Graduates who do not meet this requirement and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant field (such as the military or security services) will be considered as an honours equivalent. Such applicants may be invited for online interview to satisfy the selection committee of their suitability for the programme.
International4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4200 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2830 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2830 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.