The MA in Renaissance Latin Culture at University College Cork provides students with a thorough grounding in the skills that they need to undertake innovative research in the field of renaissance history.
Classes will also include blended learning through the use of digital resources, as well as work in the university archive and in the special collections section of the library. Students will learn to combine examination of the material culture of the renaissance with use of modern digital technologies, including presentation of their work in the form of an online exhibition.
- Palaeography and Manuscript Based Research
- The Classical Revival 1250-1500
- New Worlds, Ancient Texts
- Schola Latina
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Liberal Arts View 20 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates should hold an honours primary degree with a 2H1 (or equivalent) in History, Classics, Art History or a related discipline.
- Candidates who hold an honours primary degree with a 2H2 will also be considered subject to the approval of the course selection committee. Some applicants who do not fulfil the usual entry requirements may be invited for interview to satisfy the selection committee of their suitability for the course.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 12 months.
- €3,000 per year part-time
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.