Additional to design projects and electives a certain amount of core courses in the disciplines history and theory, technology, construction history/preservation and landscape/urban design have to be taken. In two different disciplines, focal works have to be written. The Master's degree programme ends with the Master's thesis.
To obtain a Master's degree, proof of external work experience of at least six months must be provided.
The Master's degree programme in Architecture at ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology lasts two years and should be supplemented with an additional six-month internship period. A total of 120 credit points must be obtained.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural design
1. Architectural design
2. Integrated discipline: Planning
- Main courses
- Thesis elective
- Science in Perspective
- Seminar weeks
- Master's thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Visual Arts View 7 other Masters in Architecture in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For admission to the Master’s degree programme in Architecture all of the following prerequisites must be satisfied.
The prerequisite for admission to the degree programme is one of the following:
- A university Bachelor’s degree in Architecture comprising at least 180 ECTS1 credits or an equivalent university degree in Architecture
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from a Swiss university of applied sciences comprising at least 180 credits
- A Bachelor's degree qualifies its holder for admission to an ETH Master's degree programme only if it also qualifies said holder to enter, without additional requirements, the desired Master's degree programme within the university system where the Bachelor's degree was acquired. The Rector may also demand proof of this, determining whether such proof must come from the home university or from another university in the country where the Bachelor's degree was acquired.
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.