The Cognitive Behavioural Therapy programme at University College Cork is offered part-time over two years. The course is aligned with the British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
Following successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma, students can progress to the MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy. It is also possible to exit after completing the first year with an award of Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Students undertaking this programme will attend for a full week in September along with one evening per week between September and May per year. Students will be required to undertake clinical supervision of their practice with an accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist. The university will provide a list of accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Core Competencies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Supervised Practice
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Depression and Comorbidity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Not on offer for 2021
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour View 7 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants for the Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy will normally:
- Have an Honours Primary Degree or an equivalent qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. Nursing, Medicine, Social Work, Clinical Therapies, Special Needs Education or other allied disciplines);
- Be a practising professional in a recognised Core Profession
International9730 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9730 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4930 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4930 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.