The MSc Business Economics course is unique to University College Cork, incorporating both taught courses and action research, and using economic theory and analysis explicitly applied to business.
Through the focused taught courses and conducting your own research, you learn how to explain and apply core theories, empirical methods and a range of analytical tools that are relevant and transferable to a range of fundamental business issues. The use of workshops, discussion groups, visiting speakers and lectures guide student learning and allow you to explore fundamental business issues.
This is a research-orientated course, which is both theoretically grounded and evidence-based. The focus is on analysing, understanding and explaining business performance in a competitive environment.
A portfolio of skills required to support business analysis and managerial decision-making is developed, including communication skills (written and oral), analytical and evaluation skills and team-working skills. Our market research has indicated that such skills are very highly rated by employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Business Skills
- Scenario Planning for Strategic Decision-Making
- Research Methods for Business Economics
- Economics of Business Strategy
- Business Relationships and Business Strategy
- Analysing General Business Conditions
- Macroeconomic Data Analysis for Strategic Decision-Making
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Business Information Systems View 60 other Masters in Business Administration in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum 2H2 (GPA 3.00 out of 4.00) primary degree [NFQ Level 8] or equivalent. Note that there is NO requirement for Economics or Business subjects to be part of the primary degree.
- Consideration will be given to applicants not meeting the above criteria (i.e. no primary degree) but with extensive relevant professional experience, as deemed appropriate by the Head of Economics in consultation with the Programme Director, subject to the approval of the School of Business.
International18130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18130 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.