Students will acquire skills regarding scientific and engineering principles in research and development but will also be qualified to prepare and submit product costs, based on acquisition of raw materials and manufacturing budgets.
The M.Sc. in Food Processing - Innovation and Tradition from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore will teach students to check and improve the food safety and quality metrics, from conception to market. At the end of the program students will be proficient in developing and implementing waste management specifications, and manage the «circular economy» approach in food process.
Graduates from the M.Sc. in Food Processing have both the technical knowledge and the skills required to pursue careers in companies and large corporations connected to the food industry. Graduates will be able to cover the following tasks and operations:
- Managing technological innovation in food industry
- Managing environmental sustainability programs in food industry
- Managing the selection and use of new ingredients in food production
- Managing the evolution of traditional foods into world-wide accepted delicacies
- Managing the whole food chain into a circular economy approach
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food processing
- Innovation in food packaging
- Process control and digitalization in food industry
- Agricultural and food legislation
- Digital data processing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- We strongly advise non-EU students residing abroad to apply by April 15, due to the restrictive and lengthy nature of visa application procedures.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Food Sciences Agriculture View 26 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Ideal candidates have a background in Science and Food Technology.
- We welcome applications from students with other Bachelor degrees (i.e. Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, etc.), however candidates may be required to take integrative exams on Microbiology and Food Technology
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8690 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8690 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per year during 24 months.
- European residents: A student may pay from €3600 to a maximum of about €9300 per year (depending on the family income).
Living costs for Cremona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.