The Master of Teaching (Primary) is for graduates who want to become primary school teachers and have an appropriate undergraduate degree. It provides a pre-service education for beginning teachers. The Graduate Certificate in Religious Education is designed to help students meet accreditation requirements to teach religious education in Catholic Schools in addition to their other teaching areas.
Graduates are eligible for employment in Catholic and other faith-based schools, government and non-government schools.
This Teaching (Primary) - Religious Education programme from Australian Catholic University prepares primary school teachers who are reflective, independent and flexible thinkers who can apply their skills to improve curriculum offerings and advance their community’s education. It provides students valuable professional experience through a range of school and community-based placements during the course.
Students must complete a minimum of 60 days professional experience during which time they are required to be available full-time. In Queensland, students are required to complete 100 days of professional experience to be eligible for teacher registration with the Queensland College of Teachers. This involves 80 supervised days and 20 days of observation.
The Master of Teaching (Primary) has been listed on the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) accredited programs list and meets the teacher education component of the qualification requirement for registration (accreditation) as a primary school teacher in all states and territories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fostering Positive Behaviour
- Transition into the Primary Teaching Profession
- Catering for Diversity and Inclusion in the Classroom
- Advocacy and Leading in Areas of Specialisation
- Effective Teaching and Graduate Professional Experience (Primary)
- Social and Cultural Contexts of Development and Learning and Graduate Professional Experience (Primary)
- Preparation for the Profession and Graduate Professional Experience
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Religious Studies & Theology Teaching View 127 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of that course or unit. You will need to be able to meet these inherent requirements to complete your course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26782 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26782 AUD per year during 27 months.
National7568 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7568 AUD per year during 27 months.
- $7568 CSP
- A small number of postgraduate coursework degrees have Commonwealth supported places available; however, these are very limited.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.