More comprehensive than a postbaccalaureate nursing degree, this 64 credit, two-year program is designed for students who have a bachelor’s degree or above in a discipline other than nursing. Students are prepared at the graduate level to have advanced nursing knowledge of evidence-based practice, leadership, systems theory, to meet workforce demands. This graduate program is ideal for anyone looking to change their career to nursing while building on their own education.
Graduates are prepared with three main objectives:
- Deliver comprehensive nursing care in partnership with individuals, families, groups and communities, and populations
- Develop theoretical and practice-based nursing education across diverse care settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills needed to analyze, use and generate evidence for application to practice.
The Nursing - Entry to Nursing Practice MSc program from Arizona State University provides the opportunity to become an entry-level registered nurse at the graduate level. This degree is an entry pathway to the profession of nursing. Graduates of the program are prepared as nurse generalists, and are eligible for licensure as Registered Nurses upon completion of the NCLEX-RN examination and approval by a State Board of Nursing.
- Evaluating Research for Practice
- Advanced Human Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics Across Lifespan
- Individual and Innovation Leadership in Health Care
- Advanced Health Assessment, Pathophysiology and Pharmacotherapeutics for Health Promotion
- Clinical Prevention and Population Health Practicum
- Nursing Theory: Nursing Fundamentals
- Nursing Concepts for Psychiatric Mental Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Nursing View 1229 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants who hold a BSN degree are not eligible and should apply to one of the other graduate nursing programs in the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
Applicants are required to submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- letter of intent or written statement
- professional resume
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 24 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.