The Legal Studies MLS program offered at Arizona State University is a unique advanced legal degree for non-lawyers. This 30-credit program enables professionals to gain a foundation in U.S. law in as little as one year and without pursuing a full law degree.
The MLS program is a customizable degree with the following possible emphases (each emphasis is four courses in a particular subject):
- Conflict Resolution
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Health Care Compliance
- Criminal Law
- HR & Employment Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Sports Law & Business
- Sustainability Law
The program explores the relationship between law and a wide variety of topics that are important to fields such as business, criminal justice, engineering, sports, sustainability, education, banking, intellectual property, entrepreneurship, human resources and many others. International students will find the MLS program to be a valuable resource for gaining a general understanding of U.S. law and how decisions are made within the U.S. legal structure.
Graduates that earn an MLS degree will have a basic understanding of U.S. law, legal structures, and legal reasoning. Additionally, graduates will be able to apply the law to situations that affect their professional and personal lives, including an understanding of when a legal issue is present that requires an attorney to be involved. The skills and expertise developed in the program is unique and will help differentiate graduates from others in their career fields.
- Contract Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Business Organizations
- Intellectual Property
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Civil & Private Law Legal Studies View 88 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States or attained a comparable degree from a foreign institution.
- completed MLS application form and application fee
- official transcripts from all institutions attended
- proof of English proficiency
- resume that does not exceed three typed pages
International35010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1167 USD per credit during 12 months.
National35010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1167 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.