Religion is an important factor in many national and international social themes. Sometimes this is obvious, especially when we read news about religious radicalization.
Other times, it is much less obvious and we are not as aware of the influence religion has in social phenomena, such as in cases of sexual health or climate change. Experts on religion are needed in a world in which religion is a permanent part of everyday life.
- With a degree in Theology and Religious Studies at University of Groningen, you can work as an advisor or policymaker.
- You can find a job in the media and in journalism, or enter the field of education. You can also pursue a research career at a university or research institution. As a spiritual caregiver you can work in care facilities.
- Religion, Conflict and Globalization
- Religion, Health and Wellbeing
- Religion and Pluralism, Ancient & Modern
- Religion and Cultural Heritage
- Master's Honours Programme: "Leadership: making the difference'
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 24 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A grade list of the marks of your bachelor's degree programme with an explanation of the followed courses.
- TOEFL: 580 paper/237 computer/92 internet; IELTS: 6.5 (6.0 on each part) (not for native speakers).
- Bachelor's degree in Theology, Religious Studies, Arts (e.g. International Organizations, Middle Eastern Studies, Philosophy), Political Sciences or Social Sciences (e.g. Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology).
- Depending on your former study and courses a reading package will be provided. We assume that you are aware of the concepts and theoretical discussions outlined in this literature. Students with another bachelor's degree may be admitted via a premaster's programme.
- A letter of motivation to the admissions board, outlining your interest in the programme, including your motivation and expectations (max. 1 page), accompanied with a writing sample of an academic paper, preferably your Bachelor's (or Master's) Thesis.
International14300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.