What are the consequences of globalisation for the socioeconomic and institutional differences between countries and what roles do multinational companies play in this respect?
In the International Development Economics programme from University of Groningen. You will learn to apply the tools of modern economic analysis to issues of development policy and to communicate effectively with researchers, policymakers and practitioners on development issues.
- The courses in Göttingen and Groningen share a strong focus on empirical methods and approaches. As a consequence, graduates of this double degree master are fully equipped for a career in national, international, multinational or transnational institutions and enterprises.
- Because all our programmes are EQUIS and AACSB accredited, a standard which only one percent of universities reach worldwide, your degree will be highly valued on the labour market.
EQUIS and AACSB accredited
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
About The Course:
- You spend semester 1 and semester 2 in the MA programme International Economics (specialisation Development Economics) at Georg August Universität Göttingen in Germany, taking 24 EC of compulsory courses, 24-30 EC of specialisation courses and 6-12 EC of electives.
- During the semesters 3 and 4 you study in the MSc Economic Development and Globalization (formerly known as MSc International Economics and Business) at University of Groningen. You will take 40 EC of courses and complete a 20 EC Master's thesis project.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations International Business View 74 other Masters in International Relations in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A GMAT/GRE test is required from all candidates who obtained their bachelor's degree from a university in a non-EU/EEA country.
- Both GMAT and GRE are now being offered by mba.com and ETS as an online option to take from home worldwide.
- A certified grade list(s) is considered in the evaluation.
- IELTS Academic overall score 6.5 (Speaking 6, Writing 6.5); TOEFL internet-based overall score 90 (Speaking 20, Writing 24); C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency (with minimum score 180).
- To be eligible for admission to this Master, you need to hold an academic Bachelor's or Master's degree from a research university in one of the following - or closely related - fields: Business Administration, Business Economics, Econometrics and Operations Research, Economics and Business Economics, International Business, Technology Management.
International15900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.