The History (research) programme from University of Groningen offers the two-year Master's tracks Classical, Medieval and Early Modern Studies .
Classical, Medieval and Early Modern Studies explores Classical Antiquity, the Middle Ages and Early Modernity in Europe and the Middle East.
You will study the similarities and differences between these periods. In addition, you will gain fundamental insights into the cultural changes that preceded the modern period.
- After graduation you are well prepared for a career in historical research.
- You can continue your academic career in a PhD trajectory or carry out research at a private or governmental research institute.
- You can also work in journalism, museums, cultural organizations or publishing. Other possibilities are jobs in governmental organizations or in business.
- Modern History and International Relations
- Classical Medieval and Early Modern Studies
- Master's Honours Programme
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 64 other Masters in History in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Excellent academic record.
- Additional requirements English: A VWO diploma or a subject certificate for VWO English (mark 6 or higher), minimum requirement of TOEFL iBT 100 (with a minimum of 25 on writing skills), or IELTS 7 (with a minimum of 6.5 on all items).
- Two letters of recommendation from relevant experts.
- BA degree in: History
International14300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.