Students are involved in a variety of research activities and have access to state-of-the-art facilities including the electromagnetic anechoic chamber, the wireless communications lab and the integrated circuit fabrication clean room.
Graduate courses and programs are offered in the following six areas of specialization:
- control systems (not an option for the online degree but available to on-campus students)
- electric power and energy systems
- electromagnetics, antennas and microwave circuits
- electronic and mixed-signal circuit design
- physical electronics and photonics
- signal processing and communications
Courses are available on campus and online. The degree can be completed taking all classes on campus or all classes online.
Graduates of the Electrical Engineering MSE program offered at Arizona State University have an advanced understanding of electrical engineering concepts and theories.
Career examples include:
- computer hardware engineer
- computer and information research scientist
- computer network architects
- director of engineering
- electrical engineer
- energy engineer
- Fiber Optics
- Communication Systems
- Communication Networks
- Nuclear Power Engineering
- Electrical Power Plants
- Photovoltaic Energy Conversion
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Technology Management View 161 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- The decision to admit a student who has earned a bachelor's degree from a program accredited by ABET to a master's degree program in electrical engineering is based on a number of factors. A minimum requirement is an undergraduate GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the student's last two years of undergraduate work.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- statement of purpose
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online Arizona resident: $21,576/year
- Online Non-Arizona resident: $22,888/year
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.