The main aim of the Biomaterials course from Warsaw University of Technology is to develop knowledge in biomaterials, including biomaterials design, characterisation, fabrication, and application in different fields of medicine.The students will learn about metals, ceramics, polymers, and composites used in medicine, and the role of materials science in their design and optimization. The course will also provide an insight into modern methods of shaping material properties, design, and manufacturing, in the aspect of their interaction with the living cells and replacement or regeneration of tissues and organs. Other topics include the impact of the living organism on the biomaterial and implant behaviour, degradation of various biomaterials, basics of cells and tissue biology, biocompatibility, biophysical, biochemical, and biomechanical requirements for biomaterials and medical devices.
Graduate profile – job opportunities
- Graduates may find employment in:
- biomedical companies
- state and private hospitals and diagnostic clinics
- research, testing, and diagnostic laboratories
- research centers
- healthcare consultancy services
Examples of modules:
- Materials Design
- Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
- Phase Transformations
- Thermodynamics of Alloys
- Methods of Biomaterials Characterization
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 12.12.2022 – deadline to submit the application (Entry Documents)
- 18.01.2023 – deadline to submit the Admission documents (only for candidates having the conditional acceptance status)
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Materials Science & Engineering View 12 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Warsaw University of Technology and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's Degree - in the original language and translation to English. Remember we require a Bachelor's Degree in a very similar field to the M.Sc. program you are applying to. The Diploma should be final, however, we accept also provisional and temporary ones.
- Transcript of records - your results/grades, necessary to make the decision.
- Passport - the page(s) with your personal information, your photo, and your signature.
- EU citizens: Candidates from the EU can use a passport or a national ID.
- Proof of payment of 85 PLN application fee.
- One picture/photograph - the passport format photo
International3960 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1980 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.