Participants will learn to plan, manage, evaluate and prolong the life of infrastructure projects to better respond to current and future technological and climate change challenges in an urban setting. The track focuses on theories of change and stability, and cities as urban systems.
Besides getting a good grip of theory, students also apply it in practical exercises such as the Cheongyecheon Restoration Project, the development of a business plan, and planning a green and sustainable city in a simulated environment.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Work with the practical aspects of infrastructure planning, contracting and maintenance. In addition, the track highlights how infrastructure interacts with societies.
- Think critically and to question what are seemingly acceptable trends in thinking and practices
- Understand and analyse the role of infrastructure asset management in delivering service according to a pre-determined level.
- Apply performance assessment methods to identify managerial problems affecting the good delivery of services and propose recommendations.
- Apply innovative models and mechanisms for financing urban infrastructure to deliver good services and to improve the green performance of cities
After you graduate from the Infrastructure and Green Cities programme at Erasmus University Rotterdam , you will be an expert with an extended knowledge in the sphere of urban management and development. The career prospects of urban management development graduates are excellent. Cities are expanding increasingly fast, this means that there is a big demand in urban professionals who are able to come up with solutions and innovations that will make a big difference in a city. Once you’ve completed the programme you will be able to work in various sectors ranging from city/town planner to urban economy and finance specialist.
IHS is a highly reputable institute with a strong reputation with donor agencies and training centres worldwide . Our lecturers have outstanding international experience and continue to work all over the world therefore creating a possibility to discuss and initiate links to programmes and projects in countries and cities of the participants.
Here are a few examples of positions taken up by our graduates:
- Project manager circular economy at Philips
- Urban governance and policy specialist at UN Habitat
- Architectural consultant at Asian Development Bank
- Spatial planning advisor at GIZ
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban Theory
- Urban Governance, Policy, Planning and Public Private Partnership
- Local Government Finance and Investments
- Action Planning Workshop
- Infrastructure Asset Management
- Sustainable Infrastructure for Green City Workshop
- Financing Infrastructure
Dr. Ogenis Brilhante
Julia SkinnerDr. Carley Pennink
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Early Bird: 15 April
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Ecology View 12 other Masters in Ecology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Bachelor’s degree certificate and the complete grade transcripts
- The copies should be in English language. A translated copy should be certified.
- We require our candidates to have obtained at least second class lower, B or an equivalent.
At least a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in a field related to urban development. The following studies are considered relevant to urban development.
- Civil Engineering
- Development Studies
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Science
Motivational essay: The urban challenge of your city
Proof of English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14200 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14200 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
This programme qualifies for the following scholarships:
- Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) - https://www.ihs.nl/en/resources/scholarships/global-scholarships/orange-knowledge-programme
- Holland Scholarship - https://www.ihs.nl/en/resources/scholarships/global-scholarships/holland-scholarship
- Orange Tulip Scholarship - https://www.ihs.nl/en/resources/scholarships/partial-scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.