The Biological Data Science MSc program from Arizona State University incorporates multiple levels of experiential learning to ensure students gain critical-thinking skills on top of core competencies. Students will be ready to enter one of the fastest-growing job markets, work with consulting firms and government agencies as well as non-governmental organizations, or go on to seek advanced professional or graduate degrees.
The proliferation of big data sets generated in biological science fields has dramatically increased the demand for individuals with the solid skill sets they need to manipulate and interpret this data.
Graduates are ready to enter one of the fastest-growing job markets to work with consulting firms, government agencies as well as nongovernmental organizations, in data science, informatics, data analytics, database development and mathematical modeling of biological systems that are relevant to a variety of industries. They are well suited to employment in positions such as:
- biomedical researcher
- bioinformatics data scientist
- chemical biology data scientist
- clinical data analyst
- computational biologist
- data engineer, data mining engineer
- database developer
- fisheries scientist, dairy scientist, animal scientist
- genomic scientist
- natural resources data scientist
- pharmaceutical scientist
- visualization specialist
- Database Systems and Problem Solving in Python
- Applied Learning Lab
- Wet Laboratory Experience
- Experimental Statistics in Biology
- Integrative Biology
- Applied Mathematics Techniques in Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Spring start date for online option only
- Fall deadline for online option: August 4
DisciplinesBiomedicine Data Science & Big Data Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 414 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in a related field such as biology, mathematics, statistics or computing, as well as unrelated fields, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- statement of purpose
- two letters of recommendation
- professional resume
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
- Online: $10,372 per year
Living costs for Peoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.