During the Microbiology MSc program from Arizona State University, students receive advanced training in the study of microbes and their impact on humankind, disease and the environment. They use tools ranging from nanotechnologies and genomics to mathematical models and satellite-based imagine. Students receive training in both teaching and basic, translational and use-inspired research with world-class faculty and collaborative research partners. Faculty members are associated with the School of Life Sciences, The Biodesign Institute, The Translational Genomics Institute, Barrow Neurological Institute, and other area hospitals and research centers.
Professionals with tailored research training in specific directions, including microbial physiology, environmental microbiology, evolution and ecology, immunology, virology, and various aspects of modern molecular genetics are in demand for diverse sectors.
Career examples include:
- environmental scientists and specialists (including health)
- lab managers in academic and industrial labs
- medical and clinical laboratory technologists
- microbiologists in diverse sectors including food service and health care industry
- natural sciences managers
- research technicians in academic and industrial labs
- Medical Bacteriology
- Experimental Immunology
- Bacterial Genetics
- Bacterial Genetics Laboratory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 248 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in the biological sciences, biochemistry or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- academic record form
- personal statement
- curriculum vitae or resume
- GRE scores
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.