This Geological Sciences MNS degree offered at Arizona State University is designed for students like you who wish to enhance their professional portfolio.
The School of Earth and Space Exploration participates in the program leading to the MNS in geological sciences. This transdisciplinary degree program is designed to meet the needs of professionals seeking a graduate-level degree. The program is especially suited for individuals who desire professional training rather than research training.
Professionals with expertise in geological sciences are in high demand across sectors and industries, including remote sensing, natural resource management, data science, environmental consulting, hazard and risk assessment, geophysics and planetary science. Skills in the measurement and analysis of data related to the physics, chemistry and structures of earthly and planetary systems are valuable to businesses and institutions relying on data-driven strategies to interact with the planet and explore beyond the Earth.
Career examples include:
- high school teacher
- science communication expert
- science writer and science journalist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program offers the opportunity for transdisciplinary graduate training in the natural sciences (i.e., biological sciences, mathematics and physical sciences) and cognate areas.
- Because it is flexible by design, the program also offers the opportunity for individualized professional graduate programs depending upon the backgrounds and goals of the students.
- The program must be transdisciplinary; students are expected to emphasize coursework in two or more areas of specialization.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 156 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admissions application and application fee
- official transcripts
- statement of purpose
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.