If you are a research-focused student excited about exploring design and discovering new perspectives on how to teach, deliver and communicate visually in a dynamic world, then this is the ideal program for you. The student develops an understanding of contemporary graphic design issues through specialized research and design skills curriculum.
The Design - Visual Communication Design MSD program from Arizona State University prepares the graduate student for a career in graphic design education.
- Research Methods
- Qualitative Research in Design
- Applied Project
- Design Awareness
- Graphic Design History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 758 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in graphic design, industrial design, interior design or a related design discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- letter of intent
- contact information for three references
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.