Students at the Art Education MA program from Arizona State University investigate issues in art teaching and learning from multiple perspectives, including art inquiry, curriculum theory, spatial design, studio practice, visual culture, social intervention, human development and cultural context. The culminating experience may be conducted in a range of contexts where art learning takes place, such as in K-12 art classrooms, art centers and museums, public settings, university studios or in a teacher's own classroom.
Graduates may earn an increased salary in some districts, have the potential to become a district art administrator, are prepared for doctoral study, and are qualified to be a museum or community art educator.
- Visual Culture Research
- Issues in Teaching Inquiry in Art
- Research on Art Instruction
- Issues in Teaching Studio Art
- Research on Teaching Studio Art
- Teaching Art in Cultural Contexts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Art History View 799 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative GPA.
Applicants should submit:
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- a formal art education research paper for review
- statement of intent
- two letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International26460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26460 USD per year during 12 months.
National24498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24498 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12014 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12014 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.