Graduate-level courses in core Mechanical Engineering areas as well as in emerging areas are offered. Academically, the Mechanical Engineering program offered by the University of Cincinnati is grouped into four research foci consisting of: (1) Intelligent Prognostics and Autonomous Systems; (2) Advanced Vehicle Technologies; (3) Micro, Nano, and Bio-Health Systems; and (4) Integrated Product and Process Development.
Career ProspectsThe School has state-of-the-art research laboratories in Vibrations and Acoustics, Computational Mechanics, Nanotechnology, Manufacturing, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Thermal Processing and Thermal Fluids, Bio-Fluids, Heat Mass Transfer, Fuel-Cells and Microscale Flow and Heat Transfer. Currently, five major research centers are housed in the School of Dynamic Systems, which provide many opportunities for students and faculty to engage in scholarly research and knowledge creation. These are:
- NSF Industry-University Cooperative Research Center for Intelligent Maintenance Systems
- UC Simulation Center – a UC/P&G Collaboratory
- PACE Global Design and Manufacturing Center
- NSF Engineering Research Center for Revolutionizing Metallic Biomaterials
- NIOSH Occupational Safety and Health Engineering Center
- Fuzzy Control Systems
- Intelligent Systems
- Numerical Methods for Aerospace Fluid Mechanics
- Numerical Analysis
- Applied Linear Algebra
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering View 612 other Masters in Physics in United States
- graduate admissions application (online)
- hold a baccalaureate degree (or higher) from a college or university regarded as standard by a regional or general accrediting agency, and have at least a B average in undergraduate course work
- there is a $5 surcharge for international applications.
International26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26644 USD per year during 24 months.
National26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26644 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14902 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cincinnati
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.