Why study Interior Design?
As our built environments become ever more complex there is a need for visionary leaders and professionals who will positively shape the way people engage with and inhabit these interior built environments.
The post-professional Master of Interior Design (MINTD) program in the School of Architecture and Interior Design (SAID) at the University of Cincinnati (UC) trains and nurtures a new generation of leaders and professionals who will advance the development of specialized interior studies to ensure innovative and sustainable improvements in the health, safety, and wellness of various user groups. The program is two years in length for students with an accredited interior design bachelor's degree. It requires students to complete four academic semesters and one semester of structured graduate practicum work related to their research interests. The MINTD curriculum combines design, practice, and theory aimed to meet the discipline’s evolving demands for creative practitioners, innovative researchers, emerging scholars, and skillful educators.
The MINTD program at UC is also part of the International Masters of Interior Architectural Design (IMIAD) program, a consortium of post graduate interior design programs, which allows UC students to spend a semester abroad in one of our partner schools in Germany, Turkey, India and Switzerland.The program seeks to promote leadership, collaboration, intellectual depth, flexibility, and innovation – elevating professional value and developing life-long meaningful, career-driven engagement for our graduates.
- Graduate Studio 1: Emerging Interior Design Trends - Research and Practice
- History, Theory, and Criticism in Interior History
- Interior Design Research Methods I
- Colloquium I
- Professional Development Seminar - Master of Design and Master of Interior Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Interior Design View 534 other Masters in Design in United States
- A CIDA-accredited baccalaureate degree in interior design from a recognized college or university
- Unofficial transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended
- A portfolio of creative work
- Three letters of recommendation
- A brief resume of your academic and professional experiences. Note: Your resume should indicate both educational and professional accomplishments.
- A two-page statement of your interest in graduate study in interior design
- Writing sample of current work
International26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26644 USD per year during 24 months.
National26644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26644 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14902 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cincinnati
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.