Biosciences - Molecular Systems Biology students at the University of Turku will acquire scientific and analytical skills, expertise in present theories and up-to-date technologies, as well as practical skills including teamwork and interpersonal skills; all in an international environment.
The skills and knowledge obtained pave the way for future career paths in academia or industry.
Courses will contain of a mix of teaching methods, including lectures, exercises, laboratory and computer practicals, student-driven presentations as well as completion of an independent research project (M.S. Thesis). Numerical analysis of biological data including bioinformatics and other statistical analyses will be part of curriculum.
Master´s Programme in Biosciences educates future experts for positions in academia, industry, and public sector. Students graduating from the programme are eligible for scientific postgraduate degree studies, and may work, among others, as:
- Research scientist
- Project manager
- Research coordinator
The degree is comprised of:
- Common courses which provides you essential knowledge needed as well as transferrable skills including mandatory language studies
- Track-specific major subject studies that will provide the state-of-the-art theories and practical skills relevant to the field
- Selectable studies that expand your knowledge in specific thematic areas and special themes of your choice
- Master’s thesis where you will apply your newly acquired knowledge
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 8 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the programme page for detailed degree requirements.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fee Free for citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, for citizens of non-EU/EEA countries €12,000/academic year
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.