Linguistics and Literature - English on the Masters level at the University of Antwerp builds on the basic competences, skills and attitudes that the students have acquired in the bachelor’s programme of Linguistics and Literature and offers an in depth training that is closely connected with current scientific research.
The students acquire the following core competences in the Master of Linguistics and Literature:
- possess the necessary skills to independently collect, select and process data and to critically interpret documents in function of a research topic and this using the current methodological approaches in their area of expertise.
- be familiar with the main primary and secondary literature, the main theories and basic notions of their area of research and be able to develop a point of view based on them.
- be able to reflect on the structure and the use of the studied languages and possess the necessary language and communicative skills to report orally and in writing on their research but also to effectively participate in discussions in their area of expertise and defend their position.
- be able to evaluate the social relevance and the scientific content of their research and be able to independently follow and evaluate evolutions within their scientific discipline and within the broader cultural, political and social context.
- Beckett seminar
- Stevens Seminar
- The American historical novel after 1950
- New York City in Twentieth-Centurv Literature
- Women Writers in Modern British Literature
- Constructing Age in Modern Literature
- IJosn:e Seminar
- Children's Literature Summer School
- Phonetics and phonology
- Curriculum and syllabus design
- Language Variation and Change in Adults
- English Sociolinguistics
- Fieldwork in English Linguistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 4 other Masters in Literature in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If English is not your first or native language and you intend to enrol in the Master of Linguistics and Literature: English you must provide evidence of sound written and spoken English skills.
- Direct: academic bachelor of linguistics and literature; NL: bachelor X language and culture (X= German, English, Italian, Dutch, Spanish), bachelor X Language and Culture (X= German, English, Italian, Dutch, Spanish)
- With permission: other academic bachelors
- With bridging programme: professional bachelor of education: secundary education - option German, English, French or Dutch, professional bachelor of office management (major: business translator-interpreter, management assistant or international management assistant), professional bachelor of journalism after permission; NL: HBO bachelor Business Administration, Business management, International Business and Languages, teacher 2nd level French, English or Dutch
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5800 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Antwerpen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.