This 12-month accelerated course will equip you with the industry-relevant skills needed to secure financial roles working in businesses, banks, investment firms, and the public sector.
The Applied Finance course at University of Waikato has a strong practical focus and is ideal for students who have never majored in finance before, but already have some quantitative analysis skills from their bachelor’s degree.
On completion, graduates will be well positioned to continue their career journey towards gaining the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. This requires work experience and passing the CFA Institute exams.
Students will have 24/7 access to a brand-new Finance Trading Room opening in February 2020. This high-tech simulation room will display trading prices in real time for global and NZX financial markets, so that students can experience the thrill of buying and selling shares/bonds/commodities, and compete to build the most valuable portfolios.
- Investment advisor
- Banker (commercial, investment, small business, rural, industry)
- Corporate financer
- Financial regulator
- Financial or business analyst
- Fundamental Accounting for Decision-Making
- Economics for Business
- Quantitative Skills for Finance and Economics
- Financial Management and Institutions
- Applied Econometrics
- Corporate Finance
- Investments and Financial Markets
- Financial Modelling
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial Econometrics
- International Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics
- International students must have an equivalent qualification from a recognised university, and meet the English language requirements
- a B grade or better at Level 8 in the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English, or
- an overall score of C (with at least a C in the Writing band) in the Foundation Certificate in English for Academic Purposes
International26268 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26268 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4418 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4418 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- $NZ 7592: National
- $NZ 45140: International
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.