Students pursuing the Ethnic Studies program from University of Colorado Denver explore the construction of race and ethnicity by governments and communities through the intersection of popular culture and public policy in both the historical and contemporary contexts.
Students further construct understandings of self and ethnic identifications as they apply through the individualization of social and cultural identity. Courses in the track explore how students' can learn to evaluate and develop social policies aimed at the resolution of the social and political problems associated with race and ethnicity as well as establish strategies for beginning alliances across all social groups and working toward progressive social change.
Targeted AudienceThis program is relevant for students with an interest in a variety of future careers where individuals work with diverse populations and require intercultural communication/navigation/appreciation skills: diplomats, education administrators, international aid workers, journalists, lawyers, legislators, public health providers, or social service providers. Students may go directly into the job market or can use the track/option as background and a stepping-stone toward a PHD, JD, or other advanced degrees.
- Foundations and Theories in Interdisciplinary Social Science
- Methods and Practices of Graduate Interdisciplinary Humanities
- Directed Research and Readings in Interdisciplinary Humanities
- Research Methods in Ethnic Studies
- Anthropology of Globalization
- Intercultural Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies History View 153 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Graduate Admission Application
- $50 non-reimbursable fee
- 3 Letters of Recommendation. At least two of these letters must be academic -- that is, from former professors of yours. To ensure the complete objectivity of evaluation, students should not have had access to these letters. Letters should be sent by your recommender.
- Statement of Purpose or Letter of Intent
- Writing sample
- Transcripts from every institution of higher learning attended including those foreign. Mailed copies must be in a sealed envelope. E-transcripts are also accepted and can be sent to email@example.com.
International46548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 12 months.
National46548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Denver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.