This Agro-Biomedical Science in Food and Health program at the University of Bordeaux trains students to become international professionals with the skills to carry out research and development in order to meet societal needs. Topics covered include the global-scale problems prevalent today in health maintenance and food security. The program tackles this challenge from a perspective that “food is medicine,” or in other words, that both medicine and food originate from the same source and both preserve health.
Students benefit from the collaboration between three universities and spend at least one semester in each university. The program starts at the University of Tsukuba for the first semester, the National Taiwan University for the second, followed by the University of Bordeaux for the third. For the final semester, students may choose one of the three universities.
In addition to the coursework delivered by each university, students also partake in field studies, corporate internships, laboratory practice and entrepreneurship training, provided by each establishment.
Strengths of this Master program?
During their studies, students:
- Acquire fundamental knowledge and skills regarding food security and health maintenance on a global scale.
- Acquire knowledge on processes, from identifying problems to implementing solutions, in order to develop effective and innovative measures that overcome current problems regarding food security and health maintenance.
- Develop skills in order to present and perform as leaders in international activities.
- Develop their capacity to create and innovate thanks to a mix of interdisciplinary knowledge and advanced practical research.
- Develop competencies to work for human and social welfare with an international perspective and cross cultural adaptability.
After this Master program?
Graduates may go on to complete a PhD program, in the fields of plant science, plant biotechnology, global health, applied translational microbiology, global food security, animal based food stuff, nutrition, agriculture, etc.Graduates may carry out their PhD in one of the three universities involved in the academic cooperation, or in various Higher Education Institutes around the world.
Graduates may apply for positions in companies that specialize in private breeding, as well as those specialized in food and nutrition, the extraction and valorization of plants and natural products, global health, applied translational microbiology, the development of sustainable agriculture practices, quality and safety of food production, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Teaching covers the latest developments in
- drug discovery,
- global health,
- applied translational microbiology,
- global food security,
- animal based food stuff,
- nutrition, agriculture,
- crop production,
- green biotechnology,
- bioinformatics tools
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with honors, or 4-year / 240 ECTS equivalent in any field.
- 1 or 2 years of professional experience in the field of international health.
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3770 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 243 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.