As a student in this Research and Evaluation Methods (online) program from University of Colorado Denver, you’ll be encouraged to examine real-world challenges impacting education and society today. You’ll learn how to address real-life issues through research and evaluation studies, from defining problems to conducting the study itself. In addition to basic coursework, you’ll develop your skills using software and learn by using real-life data in practicums and internships.
Our students come from a wide array of backgrounds, usually educational and often psychological. After gaining admission to the program, your course of study will guide you through the various competencies that are required.
You’ll learn to solve important assessment questions by:
- Skillfully identifying and articulating questions to ask in urban and rural environments
- Recognizing appropriate sources of information to collect data
- Designing methods of data collection such as questionnaires and interview protocols
- Analyzing data using quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods
- Using Excel, SPSS, Dedoose, Qualtrics and other data analysis software programs
- Interpreting data and preparing presentations and reports
At the end of the program, you'll complete a practicum, an independent study project or a master's thesis. You will need to perform satisfactorily on a written, comprehensive examination.
Students acquire skills necessary for a variety of roles that involve data-driven decisions. Students are prepared to facilitate decision-making based on evidence. Some students pursue the degree to enhance their skills as classroom teachers. Others work in environments where information and data from different sources are used to make informed decisions.
- Program Evaluator
- Research for a Nonprofit Organization
- Director of Assessment and Accreditation
- Research Analyst
- Methods of Qualitative Inquiry
- Methods of Survey Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
Admission requirements and deadlines vary based on the program.
DisciplinesEducational Research Statistics View 159 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Colorado Denver and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission requirements and deadlines vary based on the program. In addition, you will have different requirements depending on if you are a first-time student, a transfer student, or an international student.
The tuition amount assessed is determined based on which University of Colorado campus, school, or college is offering your degree program, as well as if it is at the undergrad or graduate level, and finally your resident status.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.