With the MA in Counseling - Couple and Family Counseling Therapy you can launch your counseling career with real-world experience unmatched by any other mental health graduate program in Colorado. University of Colorado Denver's students receive mentored counseling/therapy experience in our campus Student and Community Counseling Center with live supervision and continual feedback from licensed clinicians. Our graduates are recognized for being strongly prepared and committed to providing culturally informed, equity focused services.
Our faculty members are committed to fostering social, relational and cross-cultural learning contexts that will prepare you to prize human diversity and to offer a continuum of mental health services across a variety of settings for the benefit of the community and society.
The Couple and Family Counseling/Therapy faculty are committed to the following program goals:
- Program will exhibit commitment to diversity and cultural responsiveness.
- Program educates students in a systemic paradigm and emphasizes the use of a systemic framework in their clinical practice.
- Program is committed to educating students on research.
- Program is committed to developing ethical practitioners.
- Program demonstrates commitment to graduate success.
- Foundational Family Therapy Theories
- Contemporary Family Therapy Theories
- Individual and Foundational Family Therapy
- Individual and Contemporary Family Therapy
- Professional Identity & Relational Ethics
- Family Issues: Multicultural Intersectional Systems through the Lifespan
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling View 981 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 recommendation letters
- Official Transcripts from all institutions attended
- Written Statement
- $50.00 application fee
- Admissions Interview
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
International27153 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 36 months.
National27153 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1293 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State8148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Denver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.