The English Language and Literature programme at Near East University seeks to provide students with:
- An appreciation of a range of critical and theoretical perspectives on literature
- An understanding of the development of English literature with a range of political, social and aesthetic contexts
- A comprehension of the various styles, genres and media in which English literature has been produced
You can choose a programme with or without theses.
Applicants are expected to have a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in English Language and Literature. However, students with a degree in a related subject may also be eligible for admission. Non-standard entrants will be considered on an individual basis.The program leading to the M.A. degree is a two year (4 semesters) program of full-time study involving seven taught courses (21 credits) , one seminar course and a thesis.The M.A. program is carried out in accordance with the regulations of the Institute of Social Sciences.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Comparative Narratology: Adaptation and 19th Century English Literature
- Cultural Studies
- Contemporary Literary Theory
- Translation Theory
- British Poetry
- Applied Linguistics
- Advanced Writing Skills
- English Language and Linguistics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 10 other Masters in Language Studies in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduating from a BSc or BA level undergraduate program (Min. CGPA 2.50)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL and other Qualifications may be considered.
- Turkish Proficiency (Required only for foreign students applying to Departments whereby the language of instruction is Turkish.
International2060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
for international students with 25% scholarship: €1,030 / semester
- The information at the bottom of the Conditional Acceptance Letter is very important and must be read through.
- The remaining tuition fee part not covered by the scholarship, 5% VAT, bench fee and thesis fees will be financed by the applicant. The Foundation Courses or Preparatory Programs (if required to take) will not be covered by the scholarship.
- The scholarship for master studies is only valid for 2 years. The student should exceed this duration, they are obliged to pay the necessary fees.
- The scholarship result covers only tuition fees of Master courses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.