The Postgraduate Diploma (essentially the first year of the Master of International Business in Hotel and Resort Management) is ideal for students with an undergraduate degree outside of the hospitality field looking to change careers or use it as a pathway into joining a Hospitality master's programme.
Students entering the Postgraduate Diploma in International Hotel Operations Management at Swiss Hotel Management School (SHMS) typically hold an undergraduate degree in studies unrelated to the field of hospitality and wish to change their career path, drawn by the exciting career opportunities that the global hospitality industry has to offer. This course also acts as a pathway into the MIB in Hotel and Resort Management or the MSc in International Hospitality Management.
Swiss Hotel Management School is uniquely qualified to equip these students with the know-how required by the hospitality industry to become the most sought-after interns and employees. Students who complete the Hotel Operations pathway benefit from a substantial number of weekly real-life, on-the-job experiences in the many F&B outlets and simulation situations on campus. Practice plus theory are the key components of learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food & Beverage Management
- Service Practice & Studies
- Culinary Practice & Studies
- Wine & Champagne Studies
- Events Management Practice & Studies
- Hotel Cost Control
- Revenue Management
- Front Office & Back Office Systems
- Human Resource Management
- Professional Career Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Hospitality Management View 35 other Masters in Hospitality Management in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Recognised Bachelor's Degree or at least 3 years of work experience in a supervisory position in any industry
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS or OOPT or equivalent)
- Completed Statement of Health document
- Copy of passport
- Four passport-size photographs (3x4 cm – required upon arrival in Switzerland)
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Motivation letter
- Work reference letters (if available)
- Recommended minimum age of 21 years
International33477 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33477 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA33477 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33477 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.