The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages TESOL MA program at University of Saskatchewan is for students who are interested in enhancing their understanding of ESL/EAL/EFL teaching and learning processes, mechanisms of second language acquisition, English language structures, and in developing their professional skills as ESL/EAL/EFL language teachers.Students are expected to complete the program within two years of study.
- Theory and Skill Development
- Material Selection and Development in Language Teaching
- Approaches to Language Teaching
- Professional Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- The MA TESOL graduate program is currently under revision and applications cannot be submitted at this time.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 70 other Masters in Languages in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% in the last two years of study
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a minimum of 9 credit units of undergraduate Linguistics courses, such as LING 111.3 , LING 110.3 , or LING 112.3 , or any structural Linguistics course, such as Phonetics, Phonology, Lexicology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, Discourse, or their equivalents.
International10860 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 362 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National6870 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 229 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.