Some new policies have been announced regarding course delivery, deferral and refund options for 2020-21 academic course intake, as well as flexibilization of dates -Application period extended until September 1, 2020- to allow all prospective students to make the most informed decision possible about joining the Barcelona GSE this year. Please visit the official website for more information.
The digital revolution brings with it an explosion of data that carries significant potential value for businesses, science, and society.
As data becomes easily available as never before, so too does its volume grow, and extracting useful quantitative insights becomes more and more challenging.
Data Science students will be armed with a solid knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods, optimization and computing, and the ability to spot, assess, and seize the opportunity of data-driven value creation.
Students will learn how to apply classroom examples using real data and answering concrete business questions from the perspectives of different industries. Through an independent master's project and the opportunity for industrial practicum work conducted with local businesses, students can have the opportunity to solve actual analytics problems hands-on.
Who hires graduates of the Data Science programme at Barcelona Graduate School of Economics ?
- Consulting Firms
- Financial Services
- Government & Authorities
- International Organizations / Non-profits
- Research & Academic Institutions
- Other Industries
Examples of recent professional placements:
- Accenture - Analyst (Barcelona, Spain)
- Blackrock - Data Science Intern (London, United Kingdom)
- Centre for Research in Health & Economics and UPF (CRES-UPF) - Data Scientist (Barcelona, Spain)
- CoinFi - Data Scientist (Hong Kong, China)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Modelling and Inference
- Deterministic Models and Optimization
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Computational Machine Learning
- Economic Methods for Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Quantitative and Statistical Methods
- Macroeconomics and Finance: Financial Econometrics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics Data Science & Big Data View 31 other Masters in Economics in Spain
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate/bachelor/grado/laurea, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university (for Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS are required).
- A typical applicant would hold a University Diploma in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Business Administration. See our Student Profile for more detailed information.
- GRE General Test
- Outstanding academic record
- Quantitative skills
- Reference letters
Candidates will also be evaluated on the following admission criteria:
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 EUR per year and a duration of 10 months.
EU/EEA18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 EUR per year and a duration of 10 months.
Each year, the Barcelona GSE awards around 800,000€ in merit-based financial aid to Master's students. On average, 36% of matriculated students in the cohort receive full or partial financial aid. This funding comes from generous public and private sponsors and from the Barcelona GSE's own funds.
Types of financial aid that may be offered to students include:
- Waivers for 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% of tuition fees
- A limited number of fully-funded scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.