The Certificate In Education, Training and Skills at Bishop Grosseteste University provides a route into teaching in the Further Education and Skills sector for subject/vocational specialists, and leads to a robust teaching qualification, which is recognised by the sector.
The programme will develop your knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of teaching, learning and assessment, and teachers’ wider, professional engagement in the sector. It offers a challenging, supportive and rewarding experience to promote informed, reflective and effective teaching and professional development.
Careers & Further Study
This course will ensure that you are prepared to teach in the Further Education and Skills sector. It has been written in direct consultation with further education colleges, considering their perspectives as employers.
On successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to apply for the professional status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) via the Society for Education and Training (SET). This professional status will qualify you to teach in FE colleges, schools, sixth form colleges, academies, training providers, offender learning/prison education, or in the voluntary sector.
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment in the Education and Training Sector
- Responsive Teaching in the Education and Training Sector
- Professional Engagement in the Education and Training Sector
- Teaching a Specialist Subject in the Education and Training Sector
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 418 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typically, minimum Level 3 in the subject the trainee intends to teach.
- For the Mathematics and English specialist routes: Typically, applicants will hold minimum Level 3 in Mathematics or English, as appropriate.
- Access to a minimum of 100 hours of teaching over the period of the programme, with suitable Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) documentation and a professional reference.
International12850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.