The Certificate In Education, Training and Skills at Bishop Grosseteste University provides a route into teaching in the Further Education and Skills sector for subject/vocational specialists, and leads to a robust teaching qualification, which is recognized by the sector.
The course features three specialist routes, for teachers wishing to specialize either in a particular subject/vocational area or in English or Mathematics. It combines teaching practice, academic learning, and personal, professional development.
Teaching practice will be undertaken within an arranged placement. You will be allocated a work-based mentor, who will typically be a professional practitioner with expertise in your subject or a closely allied area.
Careers & Further Study
This course will ensure that you are prepared to teach in the Further Education and Skills sector. It has been written in direct consultation with further education colleges, considering their perspectives as employers.
On successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to apply for the professional status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) via the Society for Education and Training (SET).
This will qualify you to teach in FE colleges, secondary schools, sixth form colleges, academies, training providers, offender learning/prison education, or in the voluntary sector.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Teaching A Specialist Subject In Education And Training: Mathematics
- Teaching A Specialist Subject In Education And Training: English
- Teaching A Specialist Subject In The Education And Training Sector
- Professional Engagement In The Education And Training Sector
- Responsive Teaching In The Education And Training Sector
- Learning, Teaching And Assessment In The Education And Training Sector
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 830 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- Typically, minimum Level 3 in the subject the trainee intends to teach.
- For the Mathematics and English specialist routes: Typically, applicants will hold minimum Level 3 in Mathematics or English, as appropriate.
- Access to a minimum of 100 hours of teaching over the period of the programme, with suitable Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) documentation and a professional reference.
International12850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.