Studying in this School Direct (Secondary) programme at Bishop Grosseteste University is a student-centred experience. Staff and students work together in a friendly and supportive atmosphere as part of an intimate campus community.
You will know every member of staff personally and feel confident approaching them for help and advice, and staff members will recognise you, not just by sight, but as an individual with unique talents and interests. We will be there to support you, personally and academically, from induction to graduation.
Careers & Further Study
The teaching profession has a well-structured career pathway which moves progressively from initial teacher training through to newly qualified (NQT) status to qualified teacher. Many continue to work in our partner schools, becoming mentors to our trainee teachers, pursing further study to full Masters and Doctoral level at BGU and taking on leadership roles including Headships.
How you will be taught:
- The course will include lectures, seminars, workshops, independent study, tutorials, school-based training and will recommend you for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- The university-based sessions are very much a starting point for the training undertaken in schools through observation and working alongside experienced teachers.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 418 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- GCSEs at grade 4 (previously C) or above (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics.
- A relevant honours degree at a 2:2 classification or above. (Where the degree result is to be awarded in the year of application, we will require a predicted degree classification as part of an academic reference provided on the application)
- Declaration of Health
- DBS (formerly the CRB) Enhanced Disclosure
Experience in a relevant setting is useful as it will help you to make sure that you are aware of the role of a teacher in the twenty-first century. The course is intensive and demanding and you need to be aware of what a career in the teaching profession entails.
We encourage you to gain some experience in schools as this is a good starting point for you to gain an interview for the Secondary PGCE.
International14279 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14279 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.