The Near East University Veterinary Faculty, which remains the only one of its kind, has the mission of producing Veterinary doctors who are competent, effective, inquisitive, researchers who are environmentally friendly, self-confident when making and applying decisions in light of the principles of Veterinary education, who overcome the problems that animal husbandry brings, produce scientific information regarding animal and public health, spreading this information and can provide all services that are related to this topic.
The Obstetrics and Gynecology is a programme with thesis offered by Near East University.
The fundamental vision of the faculty is to become respected on an international level in terms of education-teaching and service, to be regarded as a leader in the field in national platforms and to be a leading preferred educational institution.
The education building, which also includes the fully equipped Near East University Animal Hospital, consists of lecture halls, dissection and necropsy halls, and a fully equipped multidisciplinary and microscopy laboratory. Students are given practical and theoretical lessons related to the departments of Basic Veterinary Medicine Sciences, Pre-Clinical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Animal Nutrition and Zootechnics Food Hygiene and Technology.
Students are given the opportunity to apply clinical applications on all animals including cats and dogs at the Animal Hospital located within the building.
The Animal Hospital, which provides polyclinics and inpatient wards, has four general and one specific (eye, tooth, ear diseases etc.) examination room, a central diagnosis laboratory, an imaging centre, two operating theatres (one used for soft tissue and the other used for orthopaedic surgery), a post-operative intensive care unit and hospitalisation units in which students have the opportunity to practice medical and surgical techniques. Additionally, it provides services to the community regarding pet health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Experimental Animals Research Centre within the faculty includes an experimental animal care, development and breeding facility, and a research laboratory that provides researchers with the opportunity to conduct their research in a laboratory equipped with advanced technology.
- The Havva Hanım Education-Teaching, Application and Research Farm in Sirinevler which belongs to the Veterinary Faculty, enables students to gain experience with small farm animals such as sheep and goats and the horse farm in Girne Arapkoy gives them experience in the field of veterinary care for horses.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Graduating from a BSc or BA level undergraduate program (Min. CGPA 2.50)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL and other Qualifications may be considered.
- Turkish Proficiency (Required only for foreign students applying to Departments whereby the language of instruction is Turkish.
International2060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
for international students with 25% scholarship: €1,030 / semester
- The information at the bottom of the Conditional Acceptance Letter is very important and must be read through.
- The remaining tuition fee part not covered by the scholarship, 5% VAT, bench fee and thesis fees will be financed by the applicant. The Foundation Courses or Preparatory Programs (if required to take) will not be covered by the scholarship.
- The scholarship for master studies is only valid for 2 years. The student should exceed this duration, they are obliged to pay the necessary fees.
- The scholarship result covers only tuition fees of Master courses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.