Those choosing to pursue the Curriculum Studies MEd program at University of Saskatchewan will be encouraged to focus on aspects of praxis leading to expertise and leadership in that area.Who would be interested in an M.Ed. in Curriculum Studies? Anyone participating in teaching in its various forms – in the K-12 system, the post-secondary system, and informal education – who wants to study one or more aspects of curriculum, such as research, development, implementation, evaluation and leadership for change. There are three program options for this degree:
- Thesis based: in addition to coursework, you will work with a supervisor to conduct an original research study
- Project based: as above, but instead of a thesis you will be completing a project or minor thesis
- Course based: you will take a selection of courses including a capstone class 'scholarship in teaching'
- Curriculum innovation
- Early childhood development
- English as an additional language
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Instructional Design
- Educational Technology
- English Language Arts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Creative Writing Teaching View 62 other Masters in Teaching in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units)
- A minimum of one year of practical experience in education or a related field post degree if the applicant holds a BEd degree or a minimum of three years of practical experience in education or a related field post degree if the applicant does not hold a B.Ed. degree.
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or equivalent from a recognized college or university
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6730 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4260 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.